Sunday 4 September 2011

my simple muhibbah :)


For the muhibbah project..I asked my father some simple questions about inter-religious friendship n what is his opinion about  the relationship between races in Malaysia.



Q:do you have any experience be friend with other races in your childhood?
A:In my village there were not only Malay families who lived there but also other race like Indian and Chinese,so since I’m a kid I made friends with not only the malay boys but also with an India boy named Bala and a Chinese boy named Ah Sing.We did a lot of thing together.I never think that they are different from me.Besides,their family treated me well and our family also were friend.

Q:How the strong relationship between different races existed in that time?
A:We lived in a closed and small community in that time,so we always meet each other everytime.During festive occasions like Hari Raya,Chinese New Year and the Deepavali,we visited each other and celebrated it together in moderate way because we were poor in that time..But still not a problem for us to created a harmony inter-religious friendship that still go on until today.Later I will bring you to see them,Bala and A h sing.We are still friends ang often cantact each other to say hi.

Q:you were talking about the past,how about now?Do you think that inter-religious friendship is still relevant? what is  needed to ensure that this bond will never break?
A:Yes it is.Can;t you see?We as the Malaysian live in peace and harmony even though we are build up from many races.We must defend this and what is needed is to respect each other and tolerant in everything so that Malaysia will always remain in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment